- The voice of thousands of retail motor businesses, large, medium and small
- A major opinion former and influence in motor trade matters since 1913
- A beacon of quality, focused on raising standards throughout the industry
- A guide and support for members, delivering help and promoting best practice
- A powerful advocate for the retail motor trade, lobbying Westminister, Brussels and the manufacturers
- An industry-wide organisation, yet with highly specialised expertise for franchised dealers, petrol forecourts, auction houses, motorcycle retailers, bodyshops, MOT testing stations, cherished number dealers and independent garages
- A source of help and advice on customer or employee problems, legal issues, compliance, business consultancy, trading standards
- A tough negotiator that creates exclusive deals for members in finance, warranties, energy, tools, oils, I.T. and more
The Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMI) represents the interests of operators in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man providing sales and services to motorists and businesses. The RMI has a formal association with the independent Scottish Motor Trade Association which represents the retail motor industry in Scotland.
MOTEST has been an active member of RMI for many years. Our Managing Director has played high profile roles within RMI on independent garage and MOT matters championing the improvement in the quality of consumer service that garages offer.